Introduction to the CHICOS project
CHICOS (Developing a Child Cohort Research Strategy for Europe) is a project conducted within the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme. Its overall aim is to improve child health across Europe by developing an integrated strategy for mother-child cohort research in Europe.
Policy and decision makers need a solid evidence-based structure for the development and implementation of public health interventions, and the incorporation of specific goals in the definition of all policies, including those focused on child health. Other child cohorts are collecting a wealth of information on childhood diseases and their determinants across Europe, and these data should be organised in a way to consolidate scattered research. Moreover, messages emerging from mother-child cohort research are not always filtering through to national or European policies. There is an urgent need, therefore, for coordination at the European level to develop a strategy for future research within mother-child cohorts designed to improve policy.
CHICOS aims to promote an inventory of all mother-child cohorts in Europe, to evaluate existing information on outcomes and determinants from these cohorts, to identify gaps in knowledge, and to develop recommendations for research action at a European level for the next 15 years, focusing on key areas of policy concern.
- CHICOS strategic document
- CHICOS final recommendations
- Meeting for the presentation of CHICOS and RICHE projects results
- RICHE roadmap report is available on-line
- Final WP2 and WP3 reports
- Major international meeting on child health research to be held in…
- Final WP4 report
- Longer pregnancy with physical activity
- Children at risk of eating disorders have higher IQ and better…
- Pregnant women are exposed to a wide variety of occupational risks
- Antidepressants and pregnancy
- 2nd CHICOS workshop, Turin (Italy) 2012, 24-25th May
- Web-based recruitment is a valid approach for cohort studies
- Babies born 32-36 weeks fare less well at school
- Vitamin D during pregnancy
- Fish and probiotic dairy products in pregnancy
- 4th I4C Workshop
- 1st CHICOS Workshop report
- 1st CHICOS Workshop Updates
- Children with allergies or asthma, away from pools
- Processed food diet in early childhood may lower IQ
- 1st CHICOS workshop, Barcelona 2011, 11-12th April
- What influences how long mothers fully breast-feed?
- CHICOS brochures
- Cooking and food contaminants
- Size Zero is bad news for bones
- 1st CHICOS meeting, Barcelona 2010, 26-27 April
- Pollution causes reduced fetal growth
- Maternal personality affects child’s eating habits
- CHICOS kick-off meeting in April
- CHICOS project symposium in Parma, Italy, on March 11th, 2010
- How do women become aware of the NINFEA project?